Full Stack Freelance Developer
Greater New York City Area
Information Technology professional with 17+ years of extensive experience in Web Development,
eCommerce, Systems Design, Testing, Integration, and Implementation of complex web based
Very technical, analytical, problem solver focused on delivering in every engagement.
Full Stack Developer with experience in Cloud Development, DevOps, Virtual Machines, and Provisioning.
Full Stack/DevOps — 02/2018 - Present — New York, NY
A team of highly experienced software and user interface engineers, designers and devops architects. Our senior team offers design, development, and production capabilities.
Krypton Fan of Steel
Syfy Channel — 02/2018 - 03/2018
To celebrate the premiere of SYFY’s original series Krypton, this live mobile gameshow hosted by DC All Access’ Tiffany Smith put superfans’ knowledge to the test.
Responsibilities included: API development, DevOps, Systems Architecture, Database Engineering, Launch, and QA.
Press site — 07/2018 - 08/2018
Relaunch Under Armour’s press site, improve discoverability, search, and add media kit download functionality.
Responsibilities included: API development, DevOps, Search (Algolia), Launch, and QA.
Senior Developer — 02/2015 - Present — New York, NY
Adverator is the first-ever, independent, local media marketplace.
- Public Website: Shopping cart, user authentication, checkout workflows.
- Orders and Billing: Docker/Iron.io to asynchronously process orders (Stripe), generate orders in media partner OMS (NetSuite), generate reports for fulfillment workflow.
- Notification: Docker/Iron.io to email customer billing and materials reminders (Mandrill).
- Blacklist: Docker/Iron.io to continuously update customer media blacklist.
- Customer Acquisition: Docker/Iron.io to automate customer acquisition workflow (SalesForce).
- DevOps: Production deployment script with Gulp and Ansible. Docker development environment.
- Mentoring: Mentor junior developers and assist Product and Marketing teams with SQL queries.
- Stack: Node, Gulp, Ansible, Docker, MySQL, PHP-FPM, Nginx, AWS, Iron.io, Git
The Taunton Press
Lead eCommerce Developer — 10/2002 - 10/2017 — Newtown, CT
The Taunton Press is in the business of providing high-quality, high-value information to special-interest enthusiasts.
- SimpleSAMLphp: Extended to support multiple domains and themes.
- DevOps: Vagrant dev environments with VirtualBox/Ansible/Chef. Docker dev environments.
- Migrations: Lead developer on project to outsource eCommerce platforms to vender hosted solutions to eliminate PCI compliance requirements and reduce server infrastructure.
- Mentoring: Mentor junior developers.
- Stack: Node, Gulp, Docker, Vagrant, VirtualBox, Ansible, MySQL, Apache, AWS, Git
Prior to outsourcing all eCommerce my responsibilities included:
- eCommerce: Extended and maintained Magento, Simplemerce, and custom ASP.NET platforms.
- Direct Sales: Created magazine/membership subscription platform (PHP/CodeIgniter).
- Entitlements: Created entitlement management system with automated rebilling.
- PCI: Proposed and lead effort to refactor magazine/membership subscription platform to run on subdomains to reduce PCI exposure. Migrated to cloud servers in a PCI hardened environment. This allowed Taunton to greatly reduce the number of servers that required PCI scanning.
- Cloud Hosting: Lead cloud migration effort. Migrated codebase from SVN to Git. Formalized Git based development workflow and deployment strategy.
- DevOps: Introduced Vagrant for local development.
Developer — 10/2000 - 6/2002 — Middletown, CT
Axiom8 was a technology startup working to blend telephony, VOIP, and web communications.
Java/JSP Developer, Wise installation scripts.
New Technology Solutions, Inc.
Developer — 5/1999 - 10/2000 — North Haven, CT
New Technology Solutions, Inc. is a leading consulting and training services firm in the Northeast.
Visual Basic, ASP, MTS consultant
- DevOps: Vagrant, VirtualBox, Chef, Ansible, Docker, JMeter, BlazeMeter
- Web Servers: Apache, Nginx, IIS, PHP-FPM, Tomcat, Varnish, S3
- Databases: MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Oracle, DynamoDB
- Search: Algolia, Solr
- Version Control: Git, SVN, VSS, Mercurial
- Project Management: Clubhouse, JIRA, Basecamp
- Cloud Hosting: AWS, Digital Ocean, Blackmesh, Pantheon
- Operating Systems: Ubuntu, Amazon Linux AMI, CentOS
University of Connecticut
BA, Applied Mathematics
1994 - 1998
References available upon request